Who’s Your Boss
Let’s be honest: many of us chose to start our own businesses — or rise to the top — due in no small part to our lack of desire to work for someone else.
Put simply, we like being the boss.
But it is easy to forget that you must be your own boss as well. You may make a consistent effort to be the best boss possible for your staff (empowering, motivating, inspiring, supportive) — but if you fail to act as your own boss, you could be doing yourself and your business a significant disservice.
To find out if you are the best boss for you, ask the following:
- Do you allow for sufficient vacation time? Do you enforce actually taking that vacation time?
- Do you hold yourself accountable when you fail to meet performance standards?
- Do you reward yourself when you exceed performance standards?
- Does your pay and benefits package accurately reflect the value you provide to the company?
- Do you consistently demand excellence of yourself — but also view mistakes as learning opportunities?
- Do you require yourself to seek out ongoing learning and mentoring opportunities in order to grow in your role?
Just because you are the head honcho does not mean there is no one to answer to. After all, you still need to look at yourself in the mirror every morning.
Doing better often involves taking the right partners. If there is any way we can help you improve your business, do not hesitate to let us know.
Learn More About How OWL Can Help You
Whether you need help with accounts payable, payroll or your monthly close, our accountants ensure these critical tasks are completed accurately and on time.
When your books are up to date, you can respond to opportunities and challenges quickly. Accurate, bank-ready financials allow you to make better decisions for your company.
Gain access to powerful insight typically only available to companies that employ a full-time controller or CFO. Leverage their expertise when you need it, without adding to your payroll.
Freedom to Focus on Your Business
Our Partner Organizations →
Get the Full View of Your Business Financials
Just like an owl can turn their head 270 degrees to see the whole landscape, Owl Bookkeeping and CFO Services can help you see your full financial picture.
Call us today: (612) 816-6007